Monday, June 15, 2009

Green Space in London

Photos of London




















Annie in Greenwich, a quaint part of London that feels like its own village.
















Looking up at the Royal Observatory, where Greenwich Mean Time stands!















Looking down from the Royal Observatory, with a nice view of London in the background.





















Where time-keeping and longitude was born! The Prime Meridian du monde.















Beautiful and stately Greenwich University. Annie and I had a picnic on this classic expanse.















Kentish Town City Farm, another city farm in London, close to Camden.















Garlic, swiss chard, beans, and carrots. I especially love the squash in the stacked tires.




















Time's up in the roaming pasture (which was located next to a train line) for this cow and her youngin'. After this photo was taken, the pig devoured my apple core and then proceeded to roll in the mud to cool himself in the London sun. Life is good before you're sausage!














The rolling hills and guitar-playing hippies of Hamstead Heath park.




















A Chapel pokes out from the horizon of old growth trees in Hamstead Heath.















These oaks had such character. Reminds me of those Penn oaks in Chester County that I already miss!















The hazy view of London from atop the hill at Hamstead Heath.















Peace out London (Underground)! It's been swell and I'll be back in July with Timothy, my brother, in tow!

Tomorrow, I am off to Cornwall, England, home of the Eden Project, which marks a slight change of course to my originally scheduled time in Wales. I will be visiting Wales en route to Ireland this Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Holly - way to go - we love reading your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos, great commentary, great weather! Especially for London, eh. You always bring the sunshine wherever you go. Sending you lots of love. (I just signed up for a blog so I could post comments). xoxo

    ReplyDelete